Existing within consciousness the lexion or spirit of a group is the consciousness of the organisation. It has been described as the spirit of the people or social body, the social organism, as collective consciousness and as an egregore. Max Heindel described the spirit of the group, Rudolf Steiner discussed the body social, Teilhard de Chardin called it the group mind and Walter Wink the corporate angel. It has several elements.
The lexion emanates at the confluence of forces where the tension between opposing forces in duality causes a founder or group of founders to search for an idea (a Lex). A perfect solution to a perceived problem.
From the confluence of these forces an organizational lexion emerges complete with:
- PSYCHIC FLAVOUR OR EMOTIONALITY. This is what we recognize when we feel that American Airlines feels different to Qantas Airlines. It is a flavour of consciousness that is experienced as heavy or light, open or closed, awake or sleepy and it has its own beliefs, attitudes and psychic structure.
- METAPHYSICAL SCAFFOLDING. This is the mental or psychic pathways that link different levels of emanation within intermediary worlds. It is what enables a person to make links between the archetypal light and the mission for example. If the metaphysical scaffolding has static or broken links the downstream organization will struggle.
- MODUS OPERANDI. This is the way the organization operates at a metaphysical levels. Its the spiritual dance moves it activates to get what it wants.
- CHARACTER PATTERNS AND ORGANIZATIONAL SYSTEMS are what emerges from the interaction of forces. Often executed as specific roles within the organization they manifest in higher or lower mode.
- ARTIFACTS are what we experience downstream. They are the behavioural patterns, symbols, rituals, dress codes, mission statements, beliefs, recognized corporate structures that are the downstream reflections of the organizational spirit.
The lexion or spirit of your organization embodies the reflection of a perfect archetype. It is driven by the psychic and emotional will of the people involved, it rides on the tension in duality within an energetic environment. From these forces, you organization has a psychic flavour, metaphysical scaffolding, a modus operandi, character patterns and organizational systems and artifacts.
Pics: Newgrange Ireland by Helen Russ